The types of Customer Data that GET collectsdepends on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the servicerequested or transaction undertaken.
Personal Information" of User shallinclude the information shared by the User and collected by us for thefollowing purposes:
1. Information which you provide while subscribingto or registering on the Website, including but not limited to informationabout your personal identity such as name , gender, marital status, religion,age etc., your contact details such as your email address, postal addresses,frequent flyer number, telephone (mobile or otherwise) and fax numbers. Theinformation may also include information such as your banking details(including credit/debit card) and any other information relating to your incomeand/or lifestyle; billing information payment history & IP address etc. (asshared by you).
1. We many also collect some other informationincluding but not limited to, Transactional history (other than bankingdetails) about your e-commerce activities, buying behaviour. Your usernames,passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by youin relation to our Services.
2. Data either created by you or by a third partyand which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
3. Data Received from any third party including socialmedia channels, including but not limited to personal or non-personalinformation from your linked social media channels (which include but are notlimited to name, email address, friend list, profile pictures or any otherinformation that is permitted to be received as per your account settings) as apart of your account information.
4. Information pertaining any other traveller(s) forwho you make a booking through your registered GET account. In such case, youmust confirm and represent that each of the other traveller(s) have agreed tohave the information shared by you disclosed to us.
How We Use Your Information
The Personal Information collected maybe used inthe following manner:
1. While making a booking, we may use PersonalInformation including, cardholder names, credit/debit card number (in encryptedform) with expiration date, banking details, wallet details etc. as shared andallowed to be stored by you. We may also use the information of travellers listas available/linked with your account. This information is presented to theUser at the time of making a booking to enable you to complete your bookingsexpeditiously.
2. We may also use your Personal Information forseveral reasons including but not limited to:
- Confirmyour reservations with respective service providers;
- Keepyou informed of the transaction status;
- Sendbooking confirmations;
- Sendany updates or changes w.r.t your booking;
- Allowour customer service to contact you, if necessary;
- Customizethe content of our website, mobile site and mobile app;
- Requestfor reviews of products or services or any other improvements;
- Sendverification message(s) or email(s).
3. Surveys: We value opinions and comments from ourUsers and frequently conduct surveys, both online and offline. Participation inthese surveys is entirely optional. Typically, the information is aggregated,and used to make improvements to Website, other Sales Channels and its servicesand to develop appealing content, features and promotions for members. Survey participantsare anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey.
4. Marketing Promotions, Research and Programs: Marketingpromotions, research and programs help us to identify your preferences, developprograms and improve user experience. GET frequently sponsors promotions togive its Users the opportunity to win great travel and travel related prizes.Personal Information collected by us for such activities may include contactinformation and survey questions. We use such Personal Information to notifycontest winners and survey information to develop promotions and productimprovements. As a registered User, you will also occasionally receive updatesfrom us about fare sales in your area, special offers, new GET services, othernoteworthy items (like savings and benefits on airfares, hotel reservations,holiday packages, car rentals and other travel services) and marketingprograms.
In addition, youmay look forward to receiving periodic marketing emails, newsletters andexclusive promotions offering special deals.
From time to timewe may add or enhance services available on the Website. To the extent theseservices are provided, and used by you, we will use the Personal Informationyou provide to facilitate the service requested. For example, if you email uswith a question, we will use your email address, name, nature of the question,etc. to respond to your question. We may also store such Personal Informationto assist us in making the Website the better and easier to use for our Users.
A cookie may alsobe placed by our advertising server. Such cookies are used only for purposes oftracking the effectiveness of advertising served by us on our Website.Similarly, a cookie may be placed by our third party advertising companies oradvertisement providers or servers. These companies may use aggregatedstatistics about your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisementsabout goods and services that may be of potential interest to you. Theinformation they collect does not include your Personal Information.
The third partyadvertising companies or advertisement providers may also employ technologythat is used to measure the effectiveness of the advertisements. All suchinformation is anonymous. This anonymous information is collected through theuse of a pixel tag, which is an industry standard technology and is used by allmajor websites. They may use this anonymous information about your visits tothe Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services ofpotential interest to you. No Personal Information is collected during thisprocess. The information so collected during this process, is anonymous, anddoes not link online actions to a User.
Most web browsersautomatically accept cookies. Of course, by changing the options on your webbrowser or using certain software programs, you can control how and whethercookies will be accepted by your browser. GET supports your right to block anyunwanted Internet activity, especially that of unscrupulous websites. However,blocking GET cookies may disable certain features on the Website, and may makeit impossible to purchase or use certain services available on the Website.Please note that it is possible to block cookie activity from certain websiteswhile permitting cookies from websites you trust.
Automatic Loggingof Session Data: Each time you access the Website your session data getslogged. Session data consists of the User’s IP address, operating system andtype of browser software being used and the activities conducted by the Userwhile on the Website. We collect session data because it helps us analyseUser’s choices, browsing pattern including the frequency of visits and durationfor which a User is logged on. It also helps us diagnose problems with ourservers and lets us better administer our systems. The aforesaid informationcannot identify any User personally. However, it is possible to determine aUser's Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the approximate geographic locationof User's point of connectivity from the IP address.
We Share Your Information With
1. Service Providers/Suppliers:
Your informationshall also be shared with the end service providers like airlines, hotels, busservice providers, cab rental, railways or any other suppliers who areresponsible for fulfilling your booking. You may note that while making abooking with GET you authorize us to share your information with the saidservice providers/suppliers. However, how the said service providers/suppliersuse the information shared with them is beyond the purview of GET. You aretherefore advised to review the privacy policies of the respective serviceprovide/supplier whose services you choose to avail.
GET does not sellor rent individual customer names or other Personal Information of Users tothird parties except sharing of such information with our business / alliancepartners or vendors who are engaged by us for providing various referralservices and for sharing promotional and other benefits to our customers fromtime to time basis their booking history with us.
2. Companies under the same corporate entity:
In the interestsof improving personalization and service efficiency, we may, under controlledand secure circumstances, share your Personal Information with our affiliates,associate companies, our subsidiary or holding company or a subsidiary of ourholding company or an entity which controls, is controlled by or is undercommon control.
If the assets ofGET are acquired, our customer information will most likely also be transferredin connection with such acquisition. In addition, as part of businessexpansion/development/restructuring or for any other reason whatsoever, if wedecide to sell/transfer/assign our business, any part thereof, any of oursubsidiaries or any business units, then as part of such restructuring exercisecustomer information including the Personal Information collected herein shallbe transferred accordingly.
3. Business Partners/Third Party Vendors:
We may also sharecertain filtered Personal Information to our business partners who may contactthe customers to offer certain products or services (which may include free orpaid products / services) which will enable the customer to have better travelexperience or to avail certain benefits specially made for GET customers.Examples of such partners are entities offering co-branded credit cards, travelinsurance, insurance cover against loss of wallet, banking cards or similarsensitive information etc.
GET may share yourPersonal Information to third party that GET may engage to perform certaintasks on its behalf, including but not limited to payment processing, datahosting, and data processing platforms.
We usenon-identifiable Personal Information of Users in aggregate form to buildhigher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analysisof the collective characteristics and behaviour of our customers and visitors,and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of theWebsite. We may provide anonymous statistical information based on this data tosuppliers, advertisers, affiliates and other current and potential businesspartners. We may also use such aggregate data to inform these third parties asto the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their websites.Any Personal Information which we collect and which we may use in an aggregatedformat is our property. We may use it, in our sole discretion and without anycompensation to you, for any legitimate purpose including without limitation thecommercial sale thereof to third parties.
Occasionally, GETwill hire a third party for market -research surveys and contest - entryprocessing and will provide information to these third parties specifically foruse in connection with these projects. The information (including aggregatecookie and tracking information) we provide to such third parties, alliancepartners, or vendors are protected by confidentiality agreements and suchinformation is to be used solely for completing the specific project, and incompliance with the applicable regulations.
Disclosure of Information
In addition to the circumstances described above,GET may disclose User's Personal Information if required to do so:
1. By law, required by any enforcement authority forinvestigation, by court order or in reference to any legal process;
2. To conduct our business;
3. For regulatory/internal compliance and auditexercise(s);
4. To secure our systems; or to enforce or protectour rights or properties of GET or any or all of its affiliates, associates,employees, directors or officers or when we have reason to believe thatdisclosing Personal Information of User(s) is necessary to identify, contact orbring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with ourrights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone elsecould be harmed by such activities.
5. To ensure that the security and integrity of ourservices are safeguarded, we may monitor your Personal Information. Thismonitoring may include (without limitation) the filtering of incoming andoutgoing electronic data messages to identify, limit and/or prevent thetransmission of spam, viruses and/or unlawful, defamatory, obscene or otherwiseundesirable material or content.
6. Such interception, disclosure, monitoring andstorage may take place without your knowledge. In that case, we shall not beliable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from suchinterception, disclosure, monitoring and storage.
Withdrawal of Consent, Permission and Unsubscribe
1. User may withdraw its consent to submitany or all Personal Information or decline to provide any permissions on itsmobile/tablet as covered above. In case, you choose to do so then it may resultin GET being unable to provide you with the services and/or products requested;
2. GET being unable to update you on ourlatest products and/or launches; and/or
3. Your inability to enter or participate incontests, promotions or redemption activities organised by GET
4. You willoccasionally receive e-mail updates from us about fare sales in your area,special offers, new GET services, and other noteworthy items. We hope you willfind these updates interesting and informative. If you wish not to receivethem, please click on the "unsubscribe" link or follow theinstructions in each e–mail.
PermissionRequired For Using Our Mobile Application In Android & IOS Platform
When the GET app is installed on your phone ortablet, a list of permissions appears and are needed for the app to functioneffectively. There is no option to customize the list. The permissions that GETrequires and the data that shall be accessed and its use is as below:
1. Android permissions:
- Device& App history: We need your device permission to get information aboutyour device, like OS (operating system) name, OS version, mobile network,hardware model, unique device identifier, preferred language, etc. Basis theseinputs, we intend to optimize your travel booking experience, use OS specificcapabilities to drive great in-funnel experiences using components of device’sOS, etc.
- Identity: Thispermission enables us to know about details of your account(s) on your mobiledevice. We use this info to auto-fill your email ID’s and provide a typing freein-funnel experience. It helps us map email ID’s to a particular user to giveyou the benefit of exclusive travel offers, wallet cash-backs, etc. It alsoallows facilitating your Facebook and Google+ login.
- Location: Thispermission enables us to give you the benefit of location specific deals and provideyou a personalized in-funnel experience. When you launch GoEasyTrip app to makea travel booking, we auto-detect your location so that your nearest airport orcity is auto-filled. We also require this permission to recommend you nearesthotels in case you are running late and want to make a quick last minutebooking for the nearest hotel. Your options are personalized basis yourlocations. For international travel, this enables us to determine your timezone and provide information accordingly
- SMS: Ifyou allow us to access your SMS, we read your SMS to autofill or prepopulate‘OTP’ while making a transaction and to validate your mobile number. Thisprovides you a seamless purchase experience while making a booking and youdon’t need to move out of the app to read the SMS and then enter it in the app.
- Phone: Theapp requires access to make phone calls so that you can make phone calls tohotels, airlines and our customer contact centres directly through the app.
- Contacts: Ifyou allow us to access your contacts, it enables us to provide a lot of socialfeatures to you such as sharing your hotel/ flight/ holidays with your friends,inviting your friends to try our app, send across referral links to yourfriends, etc. We will also use this information to make recommendations forhotels where your friends have stayed. This information will be stored on ourservers and synced from your phone.
- Photo/Media/ Files: The libraries in the app use these permissions to allow mapdata to be saved to your phone's external storage, like SD cards. By saving mapdata locally, your phone doesn't need to re-download the same map data everytime you use the app. This provides you a seamless Map based Hotel selectionexperience, even on low bandwidth network.
- Wi-Ficonnection information: When you allow us the permission to detect yourWi-Fi connection, we optimize your experience such as more detailing on maps,better image loading, more hotel/ flights/ package options to choose from, etc.
- DeviceID & Call information: This permission is used to detect your AndroidID through which we can uniquely identify users. It also lets us know yourcontact details using which we pre-populate specific fields to ensure aseamless booking experience.
- Calendar: Thispermission enables us to put your travel plan on your calendar.
2. IOS Permissions:
- Notifications: Ifyou opt in for notifications, it enables us to send across exclusive deals,promotional offers, travel related updates, etc. on your device. If you do notopt for this, updates for your travel like PNR status, booking confirmation,refund (in case of cancellation), etc. will be sent through SMS.
- Contacts: Ifyou opt in for contacts permission, it enables us to provide a lot of socialfeatures to you such as sharing your hotel/ flight/ holidays with your friends,inviting your friends to try our app, send across referral links to yourfriends, etc. We will also use this information to make recommendations forhotels where your friends have stayed. This information will be stored on ourservers and synced from your phone.
- Location: Thispermission enables us to give you the benefit of location specific deals andprovide you a personalized in-funnel experience. When you launch our app tomake a travel booking, we auto-detect your location so that your nearestAirport or City is auto-filled. We require this permission to recommend yournearest hotels in case you are running late and want to make a quick lastminute booking for the nearest hotel. Your options are personalized basis yourlocations. For international travel, this enables us to determine your timezone and provide information accordingly.
How We Protect your Information
1. All payments on the Website are secured. Thismeans all Personal Information you provide is transmitted using SSL (SecureSocket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browserautomatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us.
2. Website has stringent security measures in placeto protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under ourcontrol. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer theuse of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere tostrict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.